By accessing the website at https://justgivingback.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to access the materials on Just Giving Back’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Just Giving Back at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Just Giving Back’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Just Giving Back makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Just Giving Back does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Just Giving Back or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Just Giving Back’s website, even if Just Giving Back or a Just Giving Back authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Just Giving Back’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Just Giving Back does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Just Giving Back may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Just Giving Back does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Just Giving Back has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Just Giving Back of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Just Giving Back may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Your privacy is important to us.
We have created this privacy statement (‘Statement’) in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to the privacy of the details that You provide to us when using justgivingback.com (the ‘Site’) and the ChooseViral Services. Unless otherwise indicated, all definitions used in the Just Giving Back Member Licence shall apply to this Statement. In this Statement, references to ‘You’ and ‘Your’ are references to the Just Giving Back User. When You use the Site and the Just Giving Back Services, You are consenting to the practices set forth in this Statement. We are the Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)) (“the GDPR”) and any equivalent legislation adopted by the United Kingdom after it leaves the European Union.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to these activities at any time by contacting us using the contact form.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
How And What Personal Information We Collect About You?
We collect personal information when you visit our website. ‘Personal information’ or ‘personal data’ means the information you provide during the registration process.
We may collect the following information on you:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Contact information including email and phone numbers
- Your responses to specific surveys
- Your consent to receive further marketing communications from our partner charities.
Your anonymized IP Address may be passed to our tracking partners. We do this in order to optimize our marketing campaigns and prevent fraud. Your IP Address remains completely anonymous, so neither Just Giving Back, or our tracking partners, store any of your identifiable data. You have the right to opt out of this, and you can do this by following this link.
What do we use your personal information for?
JustGivingBack collects data about you and your interests. We also use the information:
- To enable us to provide you products and services;
- So charities you support can communicate with you. Marketing communication might be by email, post, over the phone, SMS/MMS, depending on which contact channel information you have chosen;
- For security and risk management purposes;
- To provide to third parties to enable them to give you information about, and offer you products and services.
- To enable us to improve the quality of our products and services and to develop additional products and services, and for staff training and quality assurance purposes;
- To improve the quality and quantity of information on our website;
- Marketing analysis.
Where information is provided to any person or organization other than JustGivingBack.com you accept that that person or organization may not have privacy policies that are as protective as our Privacy Policies, and you consent to the disclosure of your personal information with that understanding.
You may opt-out of receipt of any such offers at any time simply by submitting a request via our feedback form or in any way that we notify you in the relevant communication.
How Your Information is Held
We may process your personal data ourselves or through data processors that will process data on our behalf (in which case we will remain responsible for ensuring the data processor complies with this policy and all current data protection regulations).
Depending on the consents that you set up at the time of registration and what personal information we hold about you, we may pass your personal information to Site Sponsors, Brand Partners or Data Partners (collectively third parties”) who may contact you by post, email and telephone for direct marketing purposes.
Email and Telephone data will only be released to third parties where you have given your positive consent (usually at the time of registration) allowing you to fully understand your registration preferences.
You are in control – If you wish to change or update your communication preferences you can do so at any time by contacting us here.
To Who Do We Disclose The Personal Information?
Your ‘Registration Details’, responses to the survey, date of response and any other information specific to the survey that you completed may be shared, with the charity you chose to support who may then contact you by email, text message, telephone or post depending on the consents that you supplied us at the time of registration or subsequently. We are obliged to comply with all relevant data protection requirements regarding their holding and use of your data.
If you no longer wish to hear from any of the charities running the surveys who have received your personal information, you will need to contact each of them directly to request this. This also applies to any other preference service you may have registered with such as the Mailing Preference Service.
You should be aware that some external data processors may be based outside the European Union or your country, whose laws provide a different standard of protection than that provided under English law. We will not release your data to a non-EU country processor without performing proper due diligence as to the standards of data protection within the specified country and proof of compliance.
We store all data collected in an encrypted environment and only for as long as is necessary However, despite our best efforts the Internet is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us via the Internet. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
Accessing, Amending or Deleting Your Personal Information
You have the right to:
- obtain access to your personal data
- receive information about us and the purposes for which we process your personal data
- prevent processing which may cause you damage or distress
- object to direct marketing
- object to purely automated decision-making in certain cases
- you have the right to seek compensation through the civil courts for a breach of a data controller’s obligations
- ask us to correct any errors and/or delete the information we hold opt out of any further contact by us or selected brand partners or sponsors
- If you would like to amend/delete details or contact us in relation to the above, please contact us here